Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Best. Alfredo. Ever.

My good friend Angela has made this a couple times in the past for us when we've gone over for dinner. I finally asked for the recipie and gave it a try tonight..if you know me, I don't like to cook nor do I do it very well, when I saw there were just a handful of ingredients I figured I couldn't mess it up too badly :)

Anyhoots, it was super easy and fairly quick! Steve was impressed and it did the trick of filling him up, which can be hard to do :)

I had a few people ask for the recipe so here it is:

Ingredients:

Garlic Salt


Heavy Cream


8oz cream cheese


1/2 stick butter


1/3 cup Parmesan cheese



melt the 1/2 stick of butter
once the butter is melted add the cream cheese (cubed so it melts faster)
after the cheese was melted, I added the 1 C of heavy cream
stir to blend
add the 1/3C cheese
sprinkle in garlic salt

and you're good to go!

I used these noodles:


let me know what you think!
(Thank you Angela :)

6 comments:

Angela Miller said...

I'm glad you finally made it! :) It is super easy to make. You can reheat leftovers in the microwave and it is just as good the second day.

Keren said...

leftovers? What leftovers? :) LOL..did you forget who I was married to?

Janice said...

I've made this one many times. We love it. Add some chicken and steamed broccili pieces in it. Now you need to learn to make canolies.

Michelle said...

With those ingredients, it better be good! ;)

Angela Miller said...

LOL! We always seem to have leftover sauce (even when Steve is here) :)

Amanda Hug'n Kiss said...

I have used that formula to make homemade mac n cheese as well. Heavy Cream+sharp chedder+ process cheese like velveeta (leave out the garlic)