Wednesday, February 4, 2009

{Quite possibly, the worlds longest post}..with pics!

On Friday, we had our monthy card/game night! It's something Steven and I look forward to a lot. Its always the highlight of our week! We will usually play 3-4 card games and then whoever is hosting it will provide some sort of little dessert. This time, it was at our house and yes, you guessed it, I made my ice cream/oreo cookie concoction...even though we didnt win, we still had a great time!

On Saturday, Steven was finally home for the first time in a few weeks. I woke up to him outside washing my car! I was so happy, it had been a few months since my car had been cleaned. From there, we loaded up the car and drove up to Bellevue Square. We were on a mission to find Jacob a bed frame (backboard and footboard, he's already got a frame) and dresser. Unfortunatley, we didnt see anything we were head over heels for. We still had a great time! Jacob loved the lego store, the "Sweet Factory" and Pottery Barn Kids...I enjoyed all of the baby stores and even Steven got his fix at the "Bose" store. I really love that mall and wish we lived closer...maybe its a good thing we're a little further away (wink, wink)

That night, my good friend Ricci invited us over to dinner with some of our other good friends. She made the most amazing lasanga with chicken, spinach and cream sauce! (Ricci, if you are reading this, will you send me the recipie?) :) I also made my ice cream dessert for this one too! We all played a few rousing games of Guitar Hero (the new one) and I like it so much more than the older one. The songs are much better and you can have muliple players too! I was also able to pick out 7 more clips for Norah! Ricci makes these adorable little clips (and big clips too!) she sells them on etsy and they are very reasonably priced! Check her out
here...

Sunday we headed to church and afterwards had a few of our friends over to watch the Superbowl. We all had such a good time and the kids did really good too! I was able to take some really cute maternity pictures of our friend Becky and if she gives the "ok" I'd love to share a few of my favorite with you! Stay tuned!


Speaking of Becky, on Monday we celebrated her, and the soon to be birth of her little boy! Her friend put on a great shower for her at our church. It was a lot of fun and I think Becky had a great time! I cant wait to meet little Daniel!

Tueday morning, the kids and I headed off to Mops. It was our love/marriage themed week and we were so lucky to have an amazing couple come and speak to us. Everything they said was so amazing and really touched me. I found myself tearing up a few times...He is a Pastor up in Summit and also works as a marriage counselor. I have a new found appreciation for my marriage and feel so blessed to have heard what they had to say. It was so very true.
One of the gals in our group made homemade bathsalts in a jar for all of us and I am excited to try them out! We were also given little favors from our table leader (thank you Alicia!) and we made the most adorable craft! They are coupon books for our hubbys! (see below) I can't wait to fill it out and give it to him on Valentines Day! For our icebreaker, we wrote our names on a piece of paper and walked around writing words of affirmation on the backs of everyone elses! It was so much fun to see what everyone said about us!



That night we got together with Suzie and Andy for another movie night..this time it was
"Taken" we all agreed hands down it was one of the best movies we'd seen in a very long time. We rushed over to my parents house to tell them all about it. I can't wait to get it when it comes out on video! It's full of suspense that keeps you on the edge of your seats the whole time! 2 thumbs up from us! Anyways, we had a great time as always and Im already planning our next "double date" night!

That pretty much "sums" up the last few days in our crazy life!
Sorry for the ramblings...I also use this blog as my diary too and like to keep current!

2 comments:

Caldwell said...

If you have an Underhill's near you they are going out of business (at least the Lynnwood one is) and they have nice beds. Also keep your eye on craigslist, I just got us a king pottery barn frame last week. I am on the look out for a twin for Mason to grow into.

Anonymous said...

Check out the Old Cannery - you might find something there!