Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Update on Katie...

After speaking with Jason, (Katies boyfriend) tonight I have been updated on her condition. On Sunday, when I saw her, she had only had 1 spinal tap to drain out the fluid. As of tonight she's had 4 so they have been giving them to her at least once a day. With as much fluid as they are removing the Doctors are concerned and have decided to transfer her over to Swedish and perform surgery tomorrow. By doing that, they will be going through her eyes..(Im assuming the sockets) in order to release even more pressure. From what Jasons heard, this is the worst case they have seen. Which leaves us all with questions and unknown answers. Although her vision is still gone, Katie is keeping optimistic. Thankfully the best Doctor who deals with this rare condition will be treating Katie so thats a blessing. I just ask that you continue to pray for Katie as well as her family (and loved ones) for patience and comfort. Without knowing a lot of details it's hard to rest at ease but I pray that through the surgery tomorrow, the healing process can begin! I will continue to keep you posted and I ask you continue to pray! Thanks again...

No comments: