Sunday, January 25, 2009

{Game On}

It's official, we have scheduled our getaway with our best buds, Chris and Angela! Thanks to our crappy economy and the wonderful thing called "debt", we have decided to keep our destination in the lower 48 states and save Maui until next year. In the meantime, we still wanted to head somewhere warm, inexpensive, and where we could find some great entertainment and still lay by a pool...and thats when we came up with...



Eeeekkk!!
We are all so excited, we've all been before but neither of us have had a kid free vacation in a long time! We will be leaving the first week of April but will get back in time for Easter egg hunts on Saturday (we're leaving the week of Easter)...we are going to drive down and make it a little mini road trip! Their van has gps and a dvd player...we always have a blast when we're together so this should prove to be a roarin' good time! We will each drive for 4 hours and stop for meals and pit stops, with gas prices as low as they are, it works out to only 35.00 per person each way...so much cheaper (and more fun) than flying!

We will be at the MGM Grand and have found rooms for under 60.00/night, so as you can see, this wont be a budget buster! Thankfully, we have some amazing family that will be watching the kiddos and we know they will be taken care of!

The real meaning of this post is because of my urgent need to shed some pounds, I have joined a mini weight loss group with some close friends! We are all doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred... I had first heard about it from Amy and Pam but I very quickly realized that I know a bunch of people doing this dvd (and they are all loving it, and seeing results). I started it today and can definatley feel the burn! As I workout, I will text Amy and Pam and they will do the same so we all keep tabs on each other...Pam gives us a sticker and once we reach 30 stickers we'll reward ourselves! I am hopeful that through dedication and better eating, I can look and feel better on our trip!
So...here's to no more junk food, big portion sizes, less soda and eating late at night!

...and bring on the breakfasts!

Let's get shredded!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will do great. Just keep in mind its not a diet its changing your eating habits. If its a diet the weight will come back when you go off the diet. I love working out and Ive kept the weight off for 2 years and still cheat once a week.
Love you Ricci

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,
I am Amy Carlson's cousin and I have been reading your blog for a few months, I love it! Another cousin of mine and I are also planning a trip to Vegas the first week of April and I was wondering how you found such inexpensive rooms? I've been looking at the MGM Grand and they were 160 a night. Yikes! Any help would be greatly apreciated. We will be flying there because I am traveling from WA and she is traveling from AZ.
Thanks for great reading, and your kids are beautiful. I have an almost 5 yr old boy and an almost 2 yr old girl and I love them to pieces.

Take care,
Jennifer H.

Angela Miller said...

I can't wait for my copy of the dvd to come! It should be here in the next 2 days. I will expect you, Pam and Amy to hold me accountable for doing it. :)