Monday, November 16, 2009

Welcome to Washington...

"...try not to blow away" is what I told my uncle tonight as he arrived at our place from Mexico!

He actually lives in Alaska but spends a good chunk of time down south to stay warm. I don't blame him...he said when he left it was in the 90's but with over 90% humidity, no fun. He grew up in Seattle and is no stranger to this kind of weather, but my goodness, it sure is windy and rainy out there! My best friend Katie and her sister Kristin came by today and brought me a delicious lunch from Taco Del Mar, it was very good! I am so excited to shoot Kristin's engagement pictures at the end of the month (not to mention, the wedding in July!) We are having a lot of fun going over ideas :) after they left, I put the kids down for naps and did some housework. I got a call from my mom a few minutes later telling my my uncle was in town and wanted to take us to dinner! It was a nice surprise! He hadnt seen our new house since we moved and so we met everyone at our place to give him a tour. From there, we headed up to Black Angus where we enjoyed some amazing steak, salad, potatoes, strawberry cheesecake and more! I. must. find. a. gym. :) I feel like I just had Thanksgiving dinner. It was a great evening out with family and the kids did really good. Thankfully, they are now at the age where we can take them out in public and enjoy our meal! Its been a long time coming! :) When we got home, we put the kids to bed and watched "17 Again", we both really enjoyed it! I give it 2 thumbs up!
Anyhoots, I've got a busy day tomorrow...
Gotta get some zzzzz's while I can! :)
G'nite

No comments: