Sunday, October 26, 2008

2 Years Ago Today:: Happy Birthday Jacob!

I was in labor with you for so long..nearly 36 hours!! I tried pushing for 4 more hours but had no luck. You were quite the stubborn one and did not want to come out...things have not changed :) But at 6:25pm you were born via c-section.
It was worth every second of discomfort as soon as I saw your beautiful face. The last 2 years have been some of the best years ever, we've shared in so much joy and laughter!! I am so thankful God brought you into our lives.
You are surrounded by family and friends that love you so much and I hope you know that! You have taught me so much about being a mom and have been such a blessing to us, we thank God for you everyday.
Next weekend we will celebrate your birthday with some family and friends. I hope you have a blast playing your heart out...you deserve it sweetheart, Mommy and Daddy love you so much!



...I thought I would share with you a few of Jacobs favorite things at the ripe ole age of *2*!
*Can we say obsession??*
*He gets bubbles in his bathtub and we'll often
play with them in the backyard as well!*



*Nemo! His 2nd favorite movie...*



*One of his first words...color! color!*


*He calls these "Ellies" for the Elephants*
(He can say Elephant, but when he was little
he would call Elephants "Ellies" and Steve and I
thought it was too cute, so we continued to call them "ellies"....oops!*


*Every time we drive past a McDonalds,
he's gleefully yelling, French Fries!!"


*His idol, Pablo*

*His first word...Football!*


Enjoy!

4 comments:

Chris Fenton said...

Give my nephew a big birthday hug for me!

Anonymous said...

keren, I loved your comment about the "ellie"....we still sometimes used some of Jonathan's early vocabulary! :) It's kinda a family bonding thing for us cuz no one else knows what we are talking about! Hee hee! Susan

Anonymous said...

super cute! I miss him! They grow too fast!

Carly R.

Anonymous said...

you forgot to put a picture of me up! hehe
you're such a great mommy!!! i love you both so much!

Katie B.