Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Baby Emily Update::



I have received a few e-mails from Amberlyn in the last 2 days. Here they are in order...
November 10, 2008
Today was my first news from Brie since we the last message I sent to you all. It's been very busy for her lately, so I am not complaining. I thought I should share how our little Emily is doing...here is the message...

Hey, things have been really rough today. Emily has not had a good day. One bad thing after the other. She was doing really good but this morning they had to have her on 100% oxygen and her chest x-ray came back really bad. One of her lungs has a lot of damage from the ventilators and her having such stiff lungs. So we had to start her on steroids to try and stop the damage, luckily she is young enough that with the steroids there is a possibility her lungs can heal. Its just kind of a waiting game on that. They gave her a blood transfusion hoping that will help her also. So needless to say she is a pretty sick baby right now. She needs all the help she can get.
Mike and I are pretty tired. We spent 8 hours there today. The past week we have been like zombies, I still don't even know what day it is most the time. I haven't had the time to take care of myself and relax since their delivery. It's just been an extremely difficult week. Jaden is doing fine though. He's been with my parents since last night and will stay there tonight just in case we need to go back to the hospital for any reason.
There are a lot of things I can think of that need prayer, but honestly my main concern is for Emily. That is who needs it the most. I just need her to make it through this. She has to because I can't lose her too. So please just focus everything on her. For her lungs to heal and for her body to respond to the treatments she is given.
As always, I will keep you up to date as I get information.
-Amberlyn



November 11, 2008
9:11am
Emily had a very very rough night. Please keep praying for her and their family. Brie and Mike are very worried at this point.
-Amberlyn


November 11, 2008
12:21pm
She is on the way to hospital. don’t think she is going to make it
I don't want to waste prayer time on typing...please pray for all of them...=(
-Amberlyn


November 11, 2008
5:23pm
We lost baby Emily this afternoon. I don't have any words other than to ask for prayer for this family in the coming months. Thank you for being vigilant in your prayers for Emily. I know the Lord will still use this for His glory as only He can do.
-Amberlyn
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

While I know it is a comfort that Emily and Allison are being rocked in the arms of Jesus, it doesn't take away the pain of not being able to rock them in yours. May God comfort you and your husband during this difficult time.

Jer 29:11 (NIV)
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Thoughts and prayers are with you both.
-Keren

2 comments:

Stepheni said...

I had a friend loose her baby about a month ago and it was/is truly devastating. My heart aches for your friend. I am very sorry to read this.

Christia said...

Oh Keren, I am so sorry for your friend. I will be thinking about her a lot. Hugs to her.